Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Make It!

Baby Food Edition

Pureed Chicken


Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: approximately 8 ounces

This weekend marked my first attempt at pureed meats and it was a huge success! I am amazed how different a chicken breast can look with just a few simple steps.

Lately, I've been getting surprising reactions from people who discover that I make my own baby food. I think people just don't realize how easy it is!

Here's how:

Heat about an inch of water in a saute pan

Remove any fat from the chicken breast

Cut chicken into 1" cubes

Place chicken cubes into pan of simmering water - cook for approximately 3 minutes

Flip chicken pieces over to cook evenly - approximately 3 more minutes - until cooked through

Place chicken pieces in food processor and let cool. I cover the container and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours

Once the chicken has cooled, pulse in the food processor until crumbly in texture

Here's another view of the chicken
Next, add milk or water to reach desired consistency. I use quite a bit of breast milk because my girls are still getting use to the idea of solid foods and prefer smoother textures

Distribute into containers. I use OXO Tot baby blocks


..and serve! Lily approves :)

Edit: I love that my husband just called me at work asking how to make this pureed chicken because we ran out of the current stash. I just sent him this link! We're a good baby-food making team :)

Equipment: Get the same Cuisinart Food Processor and baby spoons I use!

No comments:

Post a Comment